Full of rich oils and immense texture, calfskin is a strong, smooth leather that gets better with age – if it is cared for properly. Our calfskin is selected from some of the finest tanneries in Southern Brazil. It is a primary component of a number of our classic styles of footwear, because of its ability to sustain you for years. Below are upkeep tips that can help you preserve your footwear.
General Care Tips for Calfskin Leather
- Insert cedar shoe trees to prevent moisture from weakening the lining of each shoe. Doing so will also aid in each shoe maintaining its shape.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe off any dust, dirt, and debris.
- Lightly spray each shoe with a silicon-based stain protectant. This should be done regularly, even before initial wear.
- When not in use, store footwear in cotton dust bags before returning to box.
- Use a warm damp cloth to remove dirt and debris.
- Apply leather conditioner to the uppers, wiping in a circular motion using a soft, clean cloth. Doing so rehydrates the calfskin and prevents wrinkles and cracks.
- Once dry, use a horsehair brush to shine the leather.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.